Businesses | Artists and Craftspeople | Organizations | Churches | Institutions | Landmarks
The landscape is beautiful, but it is the people that make the Catawba Valley special. Learn about some of the organizations, businesses, churches, institutions, people, and landmarks in the valley that keep our community strong.
Have other contacts or information you would like to add to this list? Contact us and we will post it.
- Big Pine Trout Farm – offering trout fishing, lodging, and a full range of trout products in New Castle
- Bowers Custom Barns – specializing in construction of high quality barns and outbuildings
- Catawba Meadow – produce and herbs grown by Betty Bailey
- Catawba Sound Studio – state-of-the-art multi-track recording studio
- Catawba Valley Farms – fruits, vegetables, and honey produced by Leighton Hodges
- Catawba Valley General Store – 4905 Catawba Valley Dr (transitioning owners)
- Circle M Alpacas – alpaca farm at 6164 Newport Road
- Full Circle Farm -located off of Little Catawba Creek Rd., offering naturally raised meats, eggs, and fresh baked breads
- Hillbilly Heaven – full range of baked and pickled goods produced by Toni Weaver
- Little Catawba Creek Farm – alpaca farm at 1651 Little Catawba Creek Road
- Maison Beliveau – a local bed & breakfast located on Gallion Ridge Road
- RunnerBean.com – online farmers’ market operated by Kathy O’Hara out of the Catawba Sustainability Center
- Tamales & More – Rita Burge creates a wide variety of international cuisine
- The Homeplace Restaurant – 4968 Catawba Valley Drive
- Catawba Civic League – An association of residents committed to advocating for transparency, effectiveness, and openness in local government.
- Catawba Community Club – What began as the Homemakers’ Club of the valley has continued to exist and thrive as a women’s group that is very active in community events.
- Catawba Valley Ruritans Club – part of Ruritans National, the group is very active in civic life throughout the valley
- Tri-County Forestry & Wildlife Association – organization formed to promote stewardship of forestry and wildlife resources through education, communication, and membership assistance. The membership is comprised of landowners and interested individuals in Botetourt, Craig, and Roanoke Counties, and the immediate surrounding areas
- The three Catawba Union Methodist Churches in the valley — Shiloh, McDonald’s Mill, and Catawba Valley
- Mountain View Baptist Church – Mountain View, 5714 Catawba Creek Rd
- Grace Assembly of God – 5530 Catawba Valley Drive
- Catawba Hospital - Part of the Commonwealth of Virginia public mental health system , Catawba Hospital specializes in serving adults including geriatric individuals who are in need of mental health care.
- Catawba Sustainability Center – as part of Virginia Tech, the Catawba Sustainability Center is a research center and experiential showcase to develop and share sustainable practices and innovations
- Appalachian Trail – the 2,181 mile trail which runs from Maine to Georgia runs right through the valley
- McAfee’s Knob and Dragon’s Tooth – two well-known hiking destinations in the area
- McDonald’ Mill – a restored grist mill built in the early 1800s along the North Fork of the Roanoke River
- TransAmerica Bike Trail – bike route reaching from Oregon to the coast of Virginia, runs through the Catawba Valley